As a dog ages the natural occurring glucosamine production slows down. You should start introducing joint supplements anywhere from the age of 3-5 years.
Here at Poochie Moochie Edmonton we have a few options for your dog to keep living their best life without aches.
Tri Acta is an easy to give powdered supplement. It is our go to recommendation as people often notice an improvement in their dog or cat within days!
It contains, Glucosamine, Chondroitin and Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM).
Glucosamine works by
- Suppressing inflammation in the arthritic joint, inhibiting cartilage degradation and boosting the repair of damaged cartilage
Chondroitin is another natural substance aimed at stimulating cartilage repair. It works by
- Reducing pain.
- Improving joint function and mobility.
- Reducing arthritic progression.
MSM works to
- Decrease chronic pain by stopping pain signals from reaching the brain by blocking pain perception in nerve fibers.
- Reduce inflammation by enhancing cortisol activity.
- Serves as a powerful antioxidant, inhibiting free radicals, therefore boosting their immune system.
Fish oils contain two types of omega 3 fatty acids, DHA & EPA while Green lipped mussels contain the third: ETA. ETA works to manage inflammation and pain.
GLM has been researched and proven to be as effective at pain management non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs but with no damage to your dog. NSAIDS can cause ulcers, damage liver and kidneys and can cause more damage to your dog's hips and joints.
In addition Green lipped mussels can
- Improve joint lubrication
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce stiffness and joint pain
- Improve mobility and range of motion
Come into Poochie Moochie Edmonton or contact us for any other questions on ways to improve your pet's health naturally! contact us